Home made poutine | MamzellsCelebrate Quebec National Day with us and put some of your favourite Quebecers food in your plate! For this special occasion here is a poutine with your Mamzells.
Number of servings:For 4 people
- Cooking plate
- Parchment paper
- 1 lb of Mamzells french fries from the Uses range
- 200 g of cheese from the Fromagerie des Basques (or any other cheese grains)
- 1 minced French shallot
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) butter
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) cornstarch
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation : 20 minutes | cooking : 30 minutesFrench fries and cheese :
- Recreate our potato fries using our Mamzells recipe and divide them into 4 portions.
- Add your favourite Quebecer cheese in grains.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the garlic, onion, and shallot. Cook until its golden brown.
- Caramelize slightly with the brown sugar. Reserve.
- In a bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in the broth and stir to ensure that the starch is completely dissolved. Mix until smooth and silky.
- Add the garlic and onion mixture and continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper and pour over the fries and cheese.