24 May 2018
How to prepare your garden for the spring: what vegetables to plant and when?The return of good weather and warm, stable temperatures are usually a sign that it is time to celebrate spring and think about what you want to plant in the garden this year. Carrots? A classic. Potatoes? A must! Garlic or onion? Why not the two of it! In a few weeks, the seeds that you have planted and pampered will have reached their maturity and will be ready to be picked it. So exciting, right! To get to this stage and have the pleasure of harvesting your own organic vegetables in a well-stocked vegetable garden, a few steps are required first.
Get the right equipmentThe advantage of an activity like gardening is that you don't need a myriad of tools. The perfect gear of the gardener consists mainly of a spade and a good green thumb. Obviously, the more complete your equipment is, the easier your job will be. You want to equip yourself? Here are some items to consider in your shopping list:
- A hoe to weed and air the earth;
- A rake or shovel to return the soil and weed quickly;
- Pruning shears for cutting dead branches and pruning small branches;
- A watering can moisten the soil without damaging the plants.
- A wheelbarrow to transport the soil and seeds.