Mamzells Potatoes Colcannon
Number of servings
- 4 servings
- 4 cups (1 litre) of minced savoy cabbage
- 4 cups (1 litre) of Mamzells Mashed potatoes, diced
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 60 ml of salted butter
- 125 ml of 35% cream
- 125 ml of 2% milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cut the potatoes until they are tender and easy to mash.
- In a large skillet, cook the cabbage and onions in butter over medium heat until they are colourful and tender. Pour on the milk and cream, cover it and simmer it for about 20 minutes.
- Using a fork, coarsely mash the potatoes and mix them with the creamed cabbage. Season to taste.
- If the mixture begins to harden, you can add more milk to soften it up before serving.