Mamzells Potato Frittata with Pancetta and Whipped Goat CheeseCook this frittata recipe with all the family! It will make everyone happy for brunch, lunch or dinner.
- Japanese Mandolin Benriner
For the frittata
- 8 to 10 potatoes Mamzells « Oven » from the range Uses
- 1 C. (15 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (125 ml) pancetta, diced
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 packets (about 170 g each) of fresh mixed mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 1 C. (15 ml) fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp [5 ml] dried oregano)
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) cream 15%
- ½ c. 2 teaspoons sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the filling
- 1 packet (125 g) of goat cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cream 15%
- ½ c. (2 ml) freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F (200 ° C). Bring a large pot of boiling salted water to a boil. Using a mandolin, cut the potatoes into thin slices.
- Immerse in boiling water and blanch for 3 minutes. Drain the potatoes gently to avoid damaging them. Blot the slices to remove the excess water. Reserve.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and sauté until crisp and golden.
- Add the shallots and sweat for about 5 minutes (lower the heat if necessary).
- Add the minced mushrooms and oregano and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat until the mushrooms are cooked. Reserve. In a large bowl, whisk eggs and cream 15%. Add salt and pepper.
- Oil generously the bottom and sides of a cast-iron pan or deep pie plate. Arrange a layer of potato slices so that they cover the entire surface of the pan or plate and overlap each other.
- Distribute ¼ of the mushroom and pancetta mixture and pour ¼ of the egg mixture. Repeat these layers ending with a row of potatoes. Press on the step to tamp down the filling and wet all the stages.
- Using a pastry brush, oil the top layer of potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and tender and the egg filling is cooked. Cool for about ten minutes before cutting into wedges.
- In a mixing bowl, undo the goat cheese with a fork. Add the cream and black pepper and whisk with a mixer until the cheese is light and smooth.
- Serve by spoonfuls on each portion of the frittata.