Mamzells’ Potato gnocchi
Nombre of serving
- 1 kg of potatoes
- 1 kg of all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- ⅓ tsp of salt
- ⅓ cup of unsalted butter
- 2 large sliced red onions
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- ⅓ cup shiitake mushroom
- 35 g (1/2 cup) grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 10 g (1/4 cup) chopped chives
- ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
Preparation: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Boil the potatoes until they are tender. Drain and mash them with a potato pestle.
- Add the whole egg, salt and pepper to the purée and a ½ cup. Mix well.
- On a previously floured work surface, add the rest of the all-purpose flour to the mixture to create a soft, smooth dough. Add flour as needed.
- Separate the ball of dough into 4 sausages, then cut these into pieces of about 1 ½ cm.
- Using a fork, create a light streak pattern on the gnocchi.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with flour and place on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Cook the gnocchi in boiling water and drain them.
- In a large frying pan, melt, on medium heat, 3 tablespoons butter.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until the mushrooms are golden brown and the tomatoes are tender.
- Add the chives and garlic to the pan and cook until the shallot is translucent.
- Reduce heat to medium and add wine and thyme.
- Cook, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the gnocchi into the pan with the mushrooms and tomatoes and herbs.
- Stir in the remaining butter until it is melted and the gnocchi is crisp and golden.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately, passing parmesan cheese.