24 March 2017
Mamzells Potatoes and Octopus Salad
Number of servings
- 4 servings
- Food processor
- 1 kg of frozen octopus
- 4-6 Mamzells Flowery potatoes, cubed
- ½ freshly-squeezed lemon (4 teaspoons)
- 1 bouquet of fresh Italian parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Place the octopus under running water to speed up thawing.
- Wash and wring out the parsley leaves well. Chop the leaves coarsely with the garlic cloves.
- Blend the parsley leaves, garlic and 1-quarter cup of olive oil in a food processor. Store it in the refrigerator.
- Place the octopus in a pan and cover it with lightly salted water. Gently simmer it for approximately 30 minutes until the octopus becomes tender. Check if cooked by using a knife. Oyster meat is always fairly firm, even when it is perfectly cooked. It is normal to feel a slight resistance when you pierce the meat.
- Once cooked, remove the octopus from the pan. Let it cool until you are able to comfortably handle it. Keep the water and use it to cook the flowery potatoes. Cook them for about 10-20 minutes, until they are tender.
- Place the octopus on a cutting board, remove the skin and cut the meat into dice-sized pieces. Store the pieces of octopus in cooled cooking juice.
Put the potatoes, the octopus and the refrigerated herb blend into a mixing bowl, and mix it up. Add a little lemon zest and juice, as needed. Salt and pepper it generously!