24 March 2017
Potato, Avocado Mayo and Northern Shrimp Bites
Number of servings
- 24 bites
Ingredients for the potatoes
- 12 Mamzells Grace potatoes, cut lengthwise into two
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- Ingredients for the avocado mayo
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons (15-30 ml) of water
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Approximately 48 northern shrimp
- Fresh coriander or dill, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cover a cookie plate with parchment paper. Place the sliced potatoes cut side up, then coat with olive oil. Using your hands, rub the potatoes in the oil to ensure they are all well coated.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly golden. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut the avocado in two, and remove the pit and the skin. Put the avocado flesh into a mixing container, and then add olive oil and the lemon juice. Mix to obtain a smooth, light consistency. Add water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer into an airtight container and refrigerate until use.
- Place the potatoes, cut side up, on a serving plate. Add a spoonful of avocado may on each potato, and then garnish each bite with two Nordic shrimp. Decorate with fresh coriander leaves and serve immediately.