Potato Fans with Walnut Arugula Pesto
Number of servings
- 8 servings
- 8 Mamzells Buttery potatoes
- 1/2 cup (60ml) of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) of garlic flower, or finely chopped garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (500 ml) arugula
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parsley (Italian)
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) walnuts or pistachios
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C)
- Butter the bottom of a large gratin dish
- Optional* On a work area, place a chopstick on both sides of the potato to keep the knife from fully cutting the potato when slicing down through it.
- Slice the potato vertically in very thin slices, being careful not to slice them all the way through so that the potato stays intact. Repeat this step for all the potatoes.
- Mix the butter and the garlic flower and brush the mixture on your potatoes, salt and pepper generously before placing them in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor until the desired texture.
- Add a tablespoon of water if it is too thick.
- Taste, and season with salt and pepper to enhance the flavour.
- Store the pesto.