Potato Rosette with Miso, Garlic and Thyme
Number of servings
- 2 servings
- Benriner Japanese mandolin slicer with a flat blade
- 8” round oven plate
- Basting brush
- 5 buttery flavoured potatoes
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of sufficiently salted chicken stock
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) of miso
- 1-2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Place the rack in the centre of the oven and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using a Japanese mandolin slicer, slice the potatoes so that they appear as thin rounds.
- Place the potatoes in a rosette pattern in your 8” plate. See the image provided with this recipe for inspiration.
- Add the miso and chopped garlic to the chicken stock.
- Pour the chicken stock up to ¾ of the height of the rosette.
- Brush the rosette with melted butter to get beautiful colouring.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Place the thyme leaves on the rosette.
- Cook in the oven at 375°F for about 1 hour.