Rösti of Potatoes, Sour Cream, Masago, and DillMamzells Potato Rösti is the perfect dish for brunch, lunch or dinner. Ad flavour with sour cream and an original garnish such as masago.
Number of servings
- 2 side portions
- Japanese mandolin Benriner with a julienne blade
- Mixing bowl
- Non-stick skillet in a size of about 10 "
- 1.5 lb. or 4 butter-flavoured Mamzells potatoes
- 125 ml melted salted butter
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Sour cream 14%
- Fresh herbs (dill)
- Pass the potatoes to the mandolin.
- Place the julienne potatoes in a mixing bowl.
- In your sink, let the cold water flow into the bowl until the starch is dissipated. The water will then be translucent, with no whitish residue.
- Empty the mixing bowl with water and wring the potatoes well to remove the water. Do not hesitate to squeeze the juliennes potatoes with your hands. Then you can put the juliennes in a clean tablecloth to dry them well. We want to get a crispy rösti. If there is excess water, you will have difficulty getting a good result.
- Place the potatoes again in the mixing bowl, add the melted butter and the cornstarch. Salt and pepper generously. Mix to distribute the flavours.
- Place the appliance in the pan; spread the potatoes for easier cooking. Adjust the stove to medium-high heat.
- Press the appliance lightly to compact the rösti. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the rösti with a plate so as not to damage the cake. Cook until you reach a beautiful colour.
- When the rösti is well coloured and crispy, place it on a cutting board.
- Separate the rösti into four portions.