Lentils and Mamzells’ potatoes salad
- 2 lbs of potato Mamzells scented flavour
- 15-18 asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 10-12 finely chopped shallots
- 3 radishes, chopped
- 1 ½ tablespoon of sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons minced shallot)
- 1 teaspoon of old-fashioned mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Lebanese spice mixture
- ½ cup French lentils, rinsed
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh dill leaves, chopped
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
Direction 20 minutes | Cooking 20 minutes
- To prepare the vinaigrette, mix in the chopped shallots, chop the green onions, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil. Set aside. During this time, preheat the four to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half and transfer to a large baking sheet. Mix the potatoes with 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil, Lebanese spices, salt and pepper to taste. Slide the potatoes into the timer for 20 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, bring to a boil a pan of water over medium heat. Add the lentils to the casserole and simmer until tender (about 18-20 minutes). Drain the lentils and transfer them to a bowl. Mix the hot lentils with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette, a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the madman and stir them. Push on one side of the baking sheet. Add the asparagus. Mix the asparagus with the remaining olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Slide the baking tray into the pendant for 10 minutes or until the asparagus is green and tender.
- To serve, mix potatoes, asparagus, lentils, leaves, fresh radishes, dill and remaining vinaigrette in a large bowl. Season salad with salt and pepper and mix. Serve immediately.