Southern-style Potato Salad
Ready in just a few simple steps and in no time, this tasty recipe is full of protein and perfect for the fall season!
Rediscover the southern cooking you love with this great recipe that highlights the wonderful taste of Mamzells « Flavours » potatoes.
Number of portions
- 4 portions
- Chopping board
- 1 ½ lb. of Mamzells Buterry Flavour potatoes
- 1 cup pre-cooked corn
- 1 cup pre-cooked red beans
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ cup diced green pepper
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (to sauté the vegetables)
- 2/3 cup light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep-time: 25 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
- Cut the potatoes into small dices and drop them in a large pot filled with water. Cover and bring the large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet set at medium heat, sauté the corn, red beans, red onion, green pepper, jalapeño, and minced garlic until the vegetables are lightly roasted.
- In a large bowl, prepare the salad dressing by mixing together the lime juice, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and Cayenne pepper.
- Combine the potatoes and the vegetables to the salad dressing and stir in the freshly chopped cilantro as a final touch.
- To cool, place the salad in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.