Potato and Cauliflower Gourmet Salad
Number of serving4 to 6 servings
- Cutting board
- A sharp knife
- Frying pan
- 1 pound of Mamzells Grace potatoes from the Specialities range
- ½ cup lightly packed arugula leaves, chopped
- ½ cup of fresh spinach roughly chopped
- ½ cup of kale leaves cut in half
- 1 pound cauliflower, cut or broken into small florets
- ½ cup chopped pitted olives (preferably a mix of black and green)
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion (from one quarter of a small onion)
- ½ cup of portobello or shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, or more as needed
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of crystal salt such as Himalayan crystal salt
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper according to your taste.
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Directions : 20 minutes|Cooking : 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 ° F, then cook the potatoes for about 25 to 30 minutes or until they are soft.
- Spread cauliflower pieces on a baking sheet and sprinkle with a tablespoon of oil and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
- In a large bowl mix the grilled cauliflower, the potatoes and stir in the olives, red onion, peppers, thyme and red pepper flakes, and mix gently.
- Add lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and mix gently. Reserve.
- Cut the mushrooms into thin slices and cook them in the pan with cooking oil until they are crisp and reach a texture similar to that of bacon. Reserve.
- Crumble the feta cheese in the bowl and add it to the salad.
- Add arugula, spinach and kale leaves and gently crush with remaining oil.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.